Articles for Further Reading
Books about nutrition
- The Real Truth About Vitamins and Antioxidants- a must read. This book explains the difference between natural and synthetic vitamins and was a major turning point in my understanding the importance of whole food nutrition.
- Good Calories, Bad Calories- this book does a great job of explaining the fat/carb controversy and gives valuable insight in understanding why the fat theory has gained so much popularity over the carb theory. Politics can be very dangerous as this book reveals.
- Empty Harvest- this book describes what has happened to the environment through the use of commercial practices and how the quality of our food is being destroyed.
- Stopping Inflammation- this book explains the real cause of degenerative disease and why degenerative disease is on the rise today.
- Lick the Sugar Habit- this is another must read. It identifies 146 reasons sugar is so harmful. Well documented.
- Know Your Fats- this book clears up a lot of the misunderstandings about fats. The author (Mary Enig) has done a lot of research on fats and is referenced in some of the websites which are listed on this webpage.
- Sugar Busters- an easy read revealing the evils of starches in the diet as well as other sugars.
- Fats that Heal, Fats that Kill- this book is for the individual who wants to know all of the specifics about fats, and talks about the technical aspects of the different types of fats. Although it tends to condemn saturated fats, most of the information is this book is very helpful.
- Life Without Bread- this book does an excellent job of discussing the endocrine system and its effects on anabolism and catabolism. It is a must read for someone wanting to gain a better understanding of how the endocrine system is affected by fats and sugars in the diet. It does a good job of showing the importance of a low carbohydrate diet.
- Nutrition and Physical Degeneration- although this book is good for the insomniac it well documents the effects of the western diet as compared to the traditional diets of many cultures from the eyes of a dentist devoted to understanding the growing problems with tooth decay and dental deterioration.
- Nourishing Traditions – by Sally Fallon
Web Sites for Further Information
- The Future of Food – Watch the documentary free online
- The Weston A Price Foundation
- The Price-Pottenger Nutritional Foundation
- Eat Wild.org – Grassfed Food & Facts
- Dr. Mercola
- Nancy Appleton Books – Health Blog
- Nordic Naturals – Pure and Great-Tasting Omega Oils
- Vital Choice – Wild Seafood & Organics
- International Academy of Oral Medicine & Toxicology – Biological Dentists
- Aquality Solutions – Quality Water in Central Illinois
- Better Water Quality.com – Custom Designed Water Systems
- Citizen’s Commission on Human Rights – information about psychiatric drugs and the mental health field
- Food, Inc. – A film about the foods we eat
- Volcano Vaporizers – Looking for digital Volcano Vaporizers? Vapeworld.com has the best selection and pricing.
- Alkaline Food – Discover the benefits of alkaline food firsthand by following the alkaline foods chart.
Further Information on Autonomic Nervous System Functional Assessment
For those of you who want to know how the Autonomic Nervous System Functional Assessment is conducted, the following articles should answer your questions: